Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Advice on casual TV work....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sian105's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2000
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey.

    I've just been recruited by a local TV company work with them on some projects...I am a 17 year old amateur filmaker and they have basically asked me to operate some cameras on some things and collaborate with them in demo videos etc....I was wondering if any of you have done this sort of thing....I don't know whether I should be getting paid for this sort of thing...I mean, I hardly want to sound ungrateful to them but I don't want them to take me for a soft touch and not pay me what I deserve.....

    thanks

    Sian


  2. #2
    Inactive Member upnorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    take the experience for what its worth. its a gift to be able to have that experience, make connections and have fun. don't worry about pay.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    It sounds like you are where I began.
    I volunteered to work in a small TV company just as you are doing now. I stayed there for about 15 months.
    By the end of the time, I could Edit, camera, sound, lighting, vision mix, etc... (You get the idea).

    I DIDN'T EARN A PENNY, but I am now TOTALLY grateful at the experience I now have.

    Stick with it as long as you can.

    P.S. Which company RU in now?
    Is it RedTV?

    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    www.rmsgraffix.freeserve.co.uk
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member shirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2000
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the truth about the situation:

    YOU WILL NEVER GET PAID!

    If they were going to pay someone, it would be a professional out of work cameraman.
    Sucks, huh? Anyways, they have taken you to give you experience. If you are lucky though, you may get hired on as a summer student, etc. Full time job, minimum wage, around the love of your life. That's the way I've looked at it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •